Position: Vaccine cold chain Manager, Last Date-10th June, 2021
Locations: District Hassan : State – Karnataka
No. of Positions: 1
CTC: All inclusive – INR 22000/- + 5000 per month for Travel Allowance per month OR as specified by UNDP
Duty Station: DHO/RCHO office
VCCM is a member ofthe UNDP project implementation team in the field in operationalizing eVIN in the district under the supervision of Project Officer-Operations.
VCCM shall be responsible for managing programme planning, implementation, capacity building, monitoring and reporting, for all cold chain projects in his/her designated district
Programme Planning and Implementation:
• Planning and execution of all activities related to eVIN implementation in the designated district, in close coordination with District RCHO.
• Support the work of Cold Chain Handlers (CCH) at District Vaccine Store(DVS) and Cold Chain Points in improving timely stock entries and their online visibility, including temperature performance of cold chain equipment.
– Support the District RCHO in all the activities pertaining to vaccine logistics and cold chain management in the district.This includes, but is not limited to :-
1) Vaccine stock forecasting.
2) Cold chain needs assessment and Indent generation for Vaccine supplies.
3) Storage and distribution planning for vaccines, syringes and Cold Chain Equipment (CCE).
4) Planning for preventive maintenance of CCE.
5) Support the District RCHO in organizing review meetings of Cold Chain Handlers(CCH)
6) Develop vaccine collection and distribution cycle and ensure its implementation with support from District Vaccine Store (DVS) in-charge
7) Ensure all transactions (issue, receipt, discard, transfer etc.) of vaccines and syringes are entered in the eVIN system
8) Review the online data entry of all vaccine and syringes transactions on daily basis and ensure regular & timely updating from all cold chain points.
9) Regular analysis of consumption patterns, wastage rates, monthly reports etc. supporting RCHO in taking corrective actions.
10) Monitor cold chain performance through remote temperature loggers and ensure prompt response to temperature excursions at cold chain points across the district.
11) Work closely with the district refrigerator mechanics/cold chain technicians to ensure timely repair of cold chain machines.
12) Visit all cold chain points in the district and support the RCHO in day to day monitoring and implementation
13) Work closely with State and district Level Health officials.
14) Undertake field visits to monitor the implementation of the system and provide technical inputs to address gaps and bottlenecks in the implementation of eVIN.
15) Undertake field visits for 20 days in a month within district.
16) Prepare periodic status reports, annual reports, case studies, etc. ina qualitative and timely manner.
17) Any other work assigned by the District RCHO as and when required.
Capacity Building of Cold Chain Handlers
1) Conduct training sessions for Cold chain handlers and plan for refresher trainings and training of newly recruited staff.
2) Supportive supervision of Cold Chain Handlers in effective vaccine logistics and cold chain management including temperature recording and handling.
3) Identify capacity-building needs on eVIN and undertake capacity-building activities district level for different levels of health professional and field-level functionaries, facilitate learning exchanges.
Vaccine Temperature Management: Temperature logger installation, this includes
1) Verify master-data readiness before site installation,
2) Sign-off post logger installation
3) Associate the temperature logger with CCE
4) Cold Chain Equipment and Temperature logger monitoring on a regular basis
5) Carry out ongoing maintenance of Assets, this includes updating the configuration of temperature logger, Update/maintain the master-data in eVIN web application once logger is installed
6) Register a CCE or similar asset or a temperature loggers if they are not in eVIN systems
Admin and HR:
1) Develop Monthly work plan and Monthly activity report for submission to PO-Operations
2) Prepare Travel logs and vouchers
3) Attendance report, salary and TA issuing and leave approvals
1) Project Officer at UNDP for all programmatic aspects of eVIN and other immunization activities.
2) District RCHO – technical reporting for day to day work related to eVIN and UIP in general
3) State HR and Admin Lead of Service Provider – for Salary and other admin issues once approved by SPO
Qualification :- Minimum of a Graduation Degree in Business Administration in Material management/ Supply chain/ Public Health/ Hospital Management/ Social Sciences from a reputed University/ Institution
1) A minimum of 3 Years of professional work experience at the District level in the health sector and proven experience in the public health system and programs at district level.
2) Experience in vaccines supply chain and cold chain will be preferred
3) Should have good knowledge of the health system of country and state.
4) Having experience in managing information technology driven projects will be an asset
5) Should have analytical, negotiating, communication skills.
6) Experience of working in the State Government or other international development organization will be an asset.
7) Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
8) A good working knowledge of local language of the duty station will be needed
Please Note: Resources will be Purely on payroll of XEAM Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online at www.xeamventures.com/opening-for-evin/. For further details please visit: www.xeamventures.com. Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with the promising candidates will start almost right away.
XEAM Ventures Pvt. Ltd.,
506 Aravali Apartments
3rd Floor, Office No. 4,
New Bypass Road,
Near CISF Gate no. 2,
Mahipalpur, New Delhi- 110037
XEAM Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
E-202, Industrial Area,
Phase-8B, Mohali 160055
Phone: 0172- 4360000
Mb :- 9068210025
Mr. Saninder Singh