POSITION VACANT: Project Officer (Information Technology)
Last Date For Application:- 4thMay,21
Location – UNDP State HQ (J & K)
Organization : GAVI Health System Strengthening Project
Supervisor : Senior Project Officer
No. of positions : 01
Duty Station :State HQ (J & K)
Duration : 31/12/2021 (Renewable)
Remuneration package is Rs. 40000/- per month (excluding TA/DA)
Routine immunization (RI) against vaccine preventable diseases (e.g. measles, polio, TB, tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough) is one of the most cost effective interventions for reducing childhood illness and mortality. Universal Immunization Programme (UIP)is an ambitious programme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) Government of India that aims to reduce morbidity and mortality due to vaccine preventable diseases (VPD). Joint Review Missions and Common Review Missions organized by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on a regular basis have noted that whilst UIP performance in India has improved overtime, there still remain a number of key constraints impacting immunization coverage in the country. Further, there are significant inequities in vaccination coverage in different states based on various factors related to individual (gender, birth order), family area (area of residence, wealth, and parental education), demography (religion, caste) and the society (access to health care, community literacy level) characteristics.
Some of the main constraints currently preventing India from achieving a quality immunization programme with universally high coverage rates relate to Cold Chain and Vaccine Logistics Management. There is limited cold chain infrastructure and capacity in many states – even for routine UIP vaccines. Systematic efforts to identify gaps and address issues in cold chain and VLM have been conducted in recent years. Key constraints identified include: inadequate and poor infrastructure, HR issues including technical capacities; weak monitoring and MIS issues; andVaccine management.These constraints have led to high breakdown rate of equipment, overstocking and stock outs, inadequate monitoring and supervision, poor management thus hampering improved vaccine coverage.
For the specific purpose above,XEAM intends to recruit the ProjectOfficer (IT) who will be based in state capital of Jammu & Kashmir. The position will require extensive travel to the designated districts. The Project Officer (IT) will work under the direct supervision of Senior Project Officer of the respective state.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for coordinating with implementing partner for the development and deployment of the Electronic Intelligence Network (eVIN) solution (for JAVA based web application and android based mobile applications), including
– Technical support on eVIN system in terms of configuration of eVIN system at state level (upload of metadata related to Vaccine logistics /cold chain equipment/temperature loggers, User /store /material creation, setting up relationship between the stores etc.)
– Ensure tagging of Users/stores for all type of users especially for the administrators of the respective domains so that the emails / SMS notifications related to inventory (abnormal stock, stock expiry etc.) and temperature loggers (low excursions, high excursions, no data transmission) are received by them.
– Follow-up with Vaccine Cold Chain Manager(VCCMs) and Project Officer- Operations in the districts for resolution of issues
– Tracking and facilitating upgradation of the IT solution as and when required
– Manage and track data and ensure data security
– Verify data integrity / accuracy of system developed reports from eVIN software from mobile/ web based solution / Temp Logger.
– Provide technical inputs to the training officers in the state for improvisation during Trainings (Train the Trainers)
– Support in district training programmes (CCH Training) with delivery / quality control of technical contents related to eVIN software & temperature data loggers.
– Consolidation of the relevant feedback received from the Cold Chain Handlers, Vaccine Cold Chain Managers(VCCMs) , Project Officer- Operations and other users in the field
– Validate stock transactions and temperature records in Cold Chain Points during the field visits and get the discrepancies corrected.
– Work on issues related to temperature breaches and non-working of cold chain equipment’s or temperature data loggers, issues to be either resolved or directed to the appropriate authority for resolution.
– Software Documentation as and when required
Programme Planning and Implementation
Provides advice and support to
– The enhancementand implementation of the Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) that includes vaccine logistics and cold chain management on one single information system platform based on user feedback
– Systematic and phased scale up of the eVINsystem for SMS-enabled real time Management Information system (MIS) for cold chain and vaccine logistics management at the respective district level.
– Inputs related to Software user manuals based on the field experiences;
Ensure that all users at district level are aware of the software upgrades and latest version of eVIN mobile application is used by the users(Cold chain handlers).
Capacity Building and technical assistance to
– Partners at the state and district level health vaccine structures to assess and understand the capacity needs and support required for the effective and timely implementation of the eVIN
– Regularly check functional status of eVIN software &Temperature Loggers for resolution, and escalate to operationalize dysfunctional equipment, mobiles or software with Senior Program Officer of the state if local level resolution not possible.
– Software and Temperature Logger operations / minor troubleshooting and provide hands-on support.
– Based on the assessed needs support in undertaking capacity-building at the district level.
Monitoring and Evaluation
– Undertake extensive field visits to monitor the implementation of the system and providing technical inputs to address gaps and bottlenecks.
– Assist, support and monitor the identified implementing agency in the implementation of the system at the state, district and sub district level
– Document to the eVIN implementation process and analytical learnings from the implementation
– Support state/ district staff in development and production of MIS reports from the system as and when required for monitoring purpose.
– Undertake field visits prioritizing districts which are lagging behind in implementation of project activities.
– Facilitate knowledge exchange visits in consultation with Vaccine Cold Chain Managers(VCCMs) and Project Officer- Operations
– Regular analysis of consumption patterns and wastage rates at state level for vaccines and supplies to help develop monthly reports to support Sate Immunization Officer in taking corrective actions.
Perform any other tasks assigned from time to time by the Senior Project Officer
• Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
• Makes the case for innovative ideas from the team with own supervisor
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Contributes to work planning, manages time and resources efficiently
• Takes accountability for delivery of agreed targets
• Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed
• Identifies problems and proposes solutions
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
• Maintains awareness of new developments in own area of expertise and promotes this knowledge with others who may benefit
• Develops an understanding of own strengths and development needs
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Building and managing partnerships
• Ability to manage stakeholder relationships. Builds positive work relationships of mutual trust and empathy
• Contributes to a sense of team spirit and works collaboratively with others by seeking to understand and make best of team members’ diverse ideas, working styles, skills and backgrounds
• Demonstrates care and concern for other team members, proactively offering support.
• Ability to work independently with limited instruction
• Aptitude for technical innovations and data analytics
A minimum of Graduate degree in Computer Sciences /IT/ from a reputed University / Institution.
Essential requirement of minimum of 5 Years of professional work experience in IT. Preferably minimum 3 Years’ experience in supply chain management of vaccines.
• Preferable 2-3 years’ experience working in the health sector
• Should have analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
• Experience in troubleshooting Java and android based applications
• Experience of working in the State Government or other international development organization will be an asset.
• Experience in Routine Immunization programme will be an added advantage
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
The position will require extensivetravel to the designated districts
Please Note : Resources will be Purely on payroll of Xeam Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Locals Will be given preference.
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online at www.xeamventures.com/opening-for-evin/. For further details please visit: www.xeamventures.com. Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with the promising candidates will start almost right away.
XEAM Ventures Pvt. Ltd.,
506 Aravali Apartments
3rd Floor, Office No. 4,
New Bypass Road,
Near CISF Gate no. 2,
Mahipalpur, New Delhi- 110037
XEAM Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
E-202, Industrial Area,
Phase-8B, Mohali 160055
Phone: 0172- 4360000
Contact Person :
Mr. Rohtash Kumar
Mr. Saninder Singh